How can I use BlueID as a digital bunch of keys on my mobile phone?
If you like to give BlueID a try, we recommend as a start to download the free test version of BlueID Login. The software provides the opportunity for you to login and logout as well as to lock and unlock your computer with your mobile phone. This test version makes it possible to get to know all of the basic functions without generating any costs.
If you are convinced by the test version you canpurchase further products anytime comfortably on amazon.de.
Who can generate a digital key (a ticket), and how is this done?
In general, the owner of a protected object generates tickets via the BlueID ticket manager. The owner also bears all related costs. In this context it is important to distinguish between the owner of the secured object and the BlueID user.
- The owner of the secured object is the person who purchases the BlueID product and therefore also has got the power of control over the secured object and the associated administration of the keys. The owner also gains access to the BlueID Ticket Manager to manage his secured objects.
- The user of BlueID can – but does not necessarily haveto be – the owner of the secured object. This is the case if you e.g. giveaccess to your secured objects to an acquaintance. The BlueID user only has a BlueID compatible mobile phone and he is in the position to use BlueID as digital keyring.
For the payment of the BlueID Tickets there are differentmethods you can choose from
- Payment by coupon: If you would like to purchase BlueID for private use and you do not want to run through a process of identification to check your identity by a credit control (SCHUFA or similar), please choose the payment method via coupon. The purchase of BlueID products usually includes a fixed contingent of coupons at your own disposal. You can enter these on the BlueID Ticket Manager. You can purchase more coupons online at any time in the BlueID Store.
- Payment by invoice: If you want to use BlueID frequently or for business purpose you can also get activated for payment by invoice (e.g. on a monthly basis). Therefore you can use all functions of the BlueID Ticket Manager comfortably and at the end of the month you will receive the invoice for all transactions carried out. To be activated for the payment by invoice please send us your application using the contact sheet on www.BlueID.de.
What requirements does my mobile phone have to fulfill so that I can use BlueID?
The BlueID Mobile Client is a Software with the role of a digital bunch of keys on the mobile phone. Generally every single mobile phone that fulfills the requirements described by the BlueID Mobile Client Data Sheet, should be compatible with BlueID. As operation is influenced by the individual implementations and configurations of the mobile phone, no warranty for the support of specitic devices can be given.
The data sheet for the BlueID Mobile Client can be found here. Alternatively use the BlueID Mobile Checker in order to find out, whether your mobile phone ist compatible with BlueID. Just enter the following URL at the Internet browser of your mobile phone: http://check.BlueID.de/
What can I do if my mobile phone battery goes dead?
BlueID turns your mobile phone into an ever more important item in your life. Hence, you should ensure to keep your battery fully charged at all times. In order to heighten your security, we recommend the following:
- Replacement battery: Get a second battery and keep it at a convenient location or carry it with you. If your mobile phone battery goes dead, it can simply be replaced with a full one.
- Battery charger: Get a few extra battery chargers and keep them in your office, in the car or at home. By frequently charging your battery you minimize the chances of it going dead.
If against all odds, your battery does run dead at some point... no need to panic; there are various ways to solve this unpleasant situation:
- Replacement phone: Use a friend’s, a neighbor’s, an acquaintance’s or a colleague’s phone. Thanks to BlueID, this replacement phone will function as a key at once, but only for the time period you specify.
- Charging adapter: Available at gas stations. Small battery adapters (comparable to chargers with batteries that power your mobile phone temporarily) that activate your mobile key for a short period, if need be. By the way: You can purchase such an adapter preventatively at the BlueID Store on amazon.de.
What happens if I lose my mobile phone / my mobile phone is stolen?
Essentially, losing your mobile phone is comparable to loosing an ordinary bunch of keys. However, compared to the loss of physical keys, BlueID offers you some extremely practical benefits:
- Locating your phone: Subject to the specific device configuration of your mobile phone, there are various ways of locating a lost or stolen phone, and consequently “recovering” your keys (i.e. calling the phone, cellular positioning system, GPS positioning system).
- Deactivating keys: The owner of a protected object can deactivate authorizations for particular objects at any time. Consequently, the lost mobile key can no longer be used for a particular object.
- Deactivating the phone: The owner a mobile device can deactivate the device and consequently deactivate the bunch of keys. Locking systems don’t need to be replaced and the keys are replicated onto a new phone.
In what way is data encrypted? Is it possible to wiretap/reproduce a data stream?
Data is encrypted symmetrically and asymmetrically on all transmission paths via PKI (public key infrastructure). The key length ranges from 512 to 4,096 bits (online banking uses 128 to 256 bits nowadays). The encryption process offers highest levels of security in accordance with available technology.
How are functions executed with BlueID, precisely?
By default, the various functions are executed at the touch of a button through wireless remote control. In this way, the user can execute the required command with the aid of a mobile phone. Furthermore, execution of commands can be linked to specific parameters, such as the automatic initiation of a command (only) at certain times or dependent on the connection to the protected object (i.e. when approaching it). These parameters must be configured individually for the corresponding application.
How can I be sure that the software installed on my mobile phone is not being manipulated?
The mobile client is a generic software application that is made unique during installation. This software is secured against manipulation by numerous methods, ensuring that measures such as copying keys onto other mobile phones or changing validity periods are impossible.
Will I become monitorable if I use BlueID (i.e. mass surveillance)?
No, you won’t. Envisage BlueID as a key, a transponder or a keycard. Whilst keys can now be delivered anywhere in the world, the detection of your mobile phone or similar measures require the user’s explicit consent. If data is being stored with the user’s consent, it is securely protected against misuse. Whilst BlueID offers the owner a range of valuable functions, the storage of personal data remains subject to the same regulations that apply to existing systems.